Front Row Seats

Friday, June 03, 2005

Warren Sapp has stinky soul, breath



Warren Sapp is not the most popular player in the NFL. He's loud, obnoxious, a notorious cheap shot artist, and during interviews he comes off like Deebo on crystal meth.

But according to Kris Jenkins, DT for the Carolina Panthers, Sapp has also been moonlighting as the Devil, perching on his shoulder and causing him to hit the bottle while sinking into debilitating depression.

Jenkins, who recently came forth to talk about the depression and drinking problems he fought while injured last year, essentially attributes his entire downward spiral to the existence of Sapp, and in particular to being forced to watch Sapp celebrate a victory in November.

Here's an excerpt from the AP article in which Jenkins hilariously discusses his overwhelming and irrational hatred for Sapp:

The low point came after the Panthers' Nov. 7 loss to the Oakland Raiders, when Jenkins was forced to watch Warren Sapp, a player he dislikes intensely, celebrate on Carolina's field.

Jenkins turned to drinking to get him through the long, lonely days.

"When we played Oakland and we lost to Sapp, I stopped going to the games then," Jenkins said Thursday. "I was going to the games up to that point. I couldn't go to the games anymore. After that, that's when ... I've never been an alcoholic, but I upped my consistency of it."

As hard as it is to believe that one rival player could send Jenkins into such a funk, he said that all his problems escalated after that game.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him," Jenkins said. " He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


Coming up next on 'Most Perplexing Sports Feuds': Cecil Fielder discusses how the Tigers' catering department ruined his career.

1 Comments:

  • I have a suspicion that my roommate is kind of like the devil too. He has been known to defecate in stranger's bathrooms, leaving a trail of fecal matter in his wake.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home